Li Li

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Concrete Faith

This month, is the start of something. Great things are happening and going to happen!
I've been having the most awesome time! Friday night and Sunday morning Nancy Alcorn spoke again, and Friday night and Sunday morning were also the last days in our old church building, so it was the last time we set up and packed down in the ECU sports centre. It's all so exciting!
On Friday night we had a girls night. Two other beautiful girls and I slept over at one of their houses, and we had an amazing time! We spent the whole night talking and praying and reading the bible until 6 in the morning. Not only was our friendship strengthened but so was my faith, it was all very deep and very meaning. My friend whose house it was was going through a cleasing stage where she got rid of anything from her past which she wanted to let go and be set free of. But when I used a toilet which I guess she never uses there was one of those lil wooden bali men, those hideous ones with the deformed bodies and scary, gross faces. I pointed this out to her and the three of us went through the whole house and found another lil one in the bathroom and a huge one, nearly one metre long, in the shed. We really wanted to get rid of them so we drove to the nearly big bin we could find but most of them were locked but we managed to find one with a gap. We then started smashing them in the carpark, it was one of the craziest things I've done as not only was it fun but it was very significant, I'm not quite sure how to explain the feelings I felt but I know they were definately positive. However the heads wouldn't smash and they smiled evilly back at us and no matter how hard we tried to smash them we couldn't cos they were solid. Then I found a huge slab of concrete. It was the heaviest object I have ever lifted in my life and even now I'm surprised I managed to lift it and throw it on the heads a couple of times. You really never know your true strength. And sure enough they smashed, the big one split right down the middle. And we went home for apple pie with custard, more praying, girl talk, and bible study.
It was the most awesome night. This was the first time I have ever been able to talk, pray and read the bible with good friends, and it really built me. They especially prayed over me and I now feel uplifted and encouraged to keep growing in faith. Thank God for friends such as these!
Throughout the last few months God has been providing for me and blessing me, even though I don't deserve it! His ever-lasting love is truly marvellous!

2 Comments:

At 8:22 pm, Blogger Miss Tsang said...

hahah sounds like you had an awesome night!! so important to have friends that help you grow in your faith!:)

 
At 1:40 am, Blogger Rie said...

yes! I realise that now. and I absolutely love it! Thank you girls for being my friends too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home