Li Li

Thursday, July 28, 2005

Thursday 28th July

Well it's been an interesting last week of holidays. And I'm a bit disappointed I don't feel like I'm ready for uni but the time has come!!!
I received a marriage proposal on Monday night at work. I called up an 20 yr old african guy and he couldn't speak good english so I couldn't understand him and he probably couldn't understand me. But he sounded serious and kept asking when he could see me and if we could get married and he gave me his mobile and asked me to call him. I spent so long trying to explain to him that my job was to call and book appointments and that I'll call back later to speak to his mum. Finally when I got to get off he said "i love you" before hanging up. It was so weird! Marriage proposals haven't happened in our workplace yet, we've had people asking us out for dinner or lunch but not for a trip down the altar! Anyway I passed his details on to another girl who was also from Africa but to our disappointment he didn't propose to her and I think she found out he has a partner or someone called Lucy.
On tuesday i went to Sizzlers for lunch, and ate sooo much i felt sick and nearly threw up. bad!! and to think that lots of people can't even eat a bite a day. Blessed am i!
On another note my friend has started a blog: Marian - www.rianm.blogspot.com
Other friends who are bloggers: Anna annalyt.blogspot.com, Ruth ruthjanine.blogspot.com and Hwin hwin.blogspot.com
Tonight I made at least $400 at work. :D how sweet is God?! Giving me an opportunity to work at a high paying job with few friends from church, although they're getting tired of people from church cos we all can't work on friday or tuesday night :P
Still not sure if I'm quitting or not, we'll see...

4 Comments:

At 10:50 pm, Blogger Maz said...

God is great sing His praise all the earth all the heavens!!! had to say that. =)

 
At 10:55 pm, Blogger Rie said...

that is so weird! in the car tongiht on my way back from work i was listening to that song!!!

 
At 10:57 pm, Blogger Maz said...

i think they call that a God-incidence. i've been listening to that song too.

 
At 11:04 pm, Blogger skypilotjourneyman said...

hey - you have a great blog...just discovered it. And I'll be back! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home