Li Li

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Provision

God is truly great and he always provides. I just felt like writing about his provision in my life. I have everything I need! Even little things like parking spaces are provided!
At uni, it is impossible to get a decent parking spot within the first 10 mins of getting there. But every morning, or afternoon, or whatever time I'm driving to uni I'll have my worship music playing and I'll be praying in the car. And every time I arrive at uni, no matter what time it is, even in busy times, there is always a parking space waiting for me, and one that's close to uni. Either that or someone just pulls out in front of me or the first person I stalk happens to be leaving a nice parking spot for me (the art of stalking). And I'll arrive to class, few friends will be late saying they were driving around and around for 10 minutes and ended up not finding a space and parking in the dirt, which is a long walk to uni. And I'll sit there with a smile on my face and say I had no problems with parking and never had. Well, except twice, but that was because I didn't pray, and I ended up parking in the dirt and on my long walk to uni I'd have nothing to do so I'll pray. I guess it's God's way of making time for me to talk to him. Cheeky aye!
Also last week I was completely broke. I had $0.86 in my bank account and nothing in my wallet, and to add to that a completely empty petrol tank. I prayed for God to help me with my finances. Then on Friday night at church a friend who I've been driving around gave me some money because she wanted to bless me and said it could be my petrol money. Now I never ask for petrol money because I feel that if God has blessed me with a brand new car, then why not use it to drive his people around. That week give I had nothing to give for my tithe, but that was provided for me by the 'petrol money', which I gave. Thankfully my car didn't break down and I borrowed $5 off my sister (even though I already owe her about $70) for enough petrol to get me home and to work. When I got paid on Sunday night I paid back mum for some bills, paid back my sister, and while being in the spirit of handing out money, gave dad a $20 (he happened to be walking past and he's retired so there's no source of income for him). Which left $20 to last me until my next pay day, of which all will go to my next tithe and petrol money. But the next day when I got in my car the tank was full, turned out my Dad had pumped it for me. So that was one less thing to worry about. Then I baby sat for my auntie and uncle, who took me out for a nice lunch as my wages, so I didn't expect to get paid at all but they gave me another $20 and some chocolate (woo! chocolate!)
But all that money is gone now because I paid my sister back the rest I owed her, and did some food shopping for the family and treated a friend for lunch today. But I know I won't have to worry as it is all in God's hands. Give and you shall receive.

1 Comments:

At 3:20 pm, Blogger Miss Tsang said...

thats so awesome Rie!:) God never cease to amaze me with his generousity ..:) He is faithful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home