Li Li

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Change

So much is changing. Today was such an emotional and eventful day I feel too exhausted to write most of what I want to write. I cried for quite a long time, like really cried, which is the first time in ages. My eyes and my mind are quite sore.
I haven't been a christian for very long. I know I can say I've been a christian all my life but I don't think I actually became a real christian and had a personal relationship with God until the start of this year. Since then I've changed a lot. I am a different person from before, as Christ is now living in me and I am living for him. Everyone who knew me before have noticed this change in me, and some embace it as a good change, but others do not understand what is going on. Some friendships may be strained and I really don't know how to deal with it. I've been told I've changed in the way I talk, act and interact with people. I have a lot more to say on this but I just feel too exhausted...
Today I went for a walk by the beach. The clouds were dark, as was the ocean, but the sun was shining through gaps in the clouds, and it was absolutely beautiful! The sun's rays were just spilling down from the sky into the sea. I wished I had a camera. It signified hope. I sat on the beach for ages marvelling at the beauty of creation, and that I am so blessed to have the opportunity to live in Perth, to be able to see something like this, to be able to hear the waves crashing on the shore, to smell the salt in the air and to feel the cold and taste the freedom! The longer I stared at this sight the more it looked like the heavens opening up for me, which reminded me of a song which I sang over and over again:

I behold your power and glory
Bring an offering, Come before You
Worship You Lord
In the beauty of Your holiness
Whenever I call You're there
Redeemer and friend
Cherished beyond all words
This love never ends
Morning by morning, Your mercy awakens my soul
I lift up my eyes to see
The wonders of heaven
Opening over me
Your goodness abounds
You've taken my breath away, with Your irresistible love
Then walking along the beach while praying and looking out at what was before me, I was reminded of the footprints story. At the time I reckon that story was what I needed. I then looked down at my footprints, and I would walk a few steps every 30seconds, and every where I walked, the tide would come up behind me and wash away my old footprints. It's like reminding me that my past is washed away and I am a new creation! On a new walk with the Lord.
A lot has changed this year, and a lot more will change. Especially since my church is moving into a new building, our own building. This year has been so eventful and significant for many, not just me. Who knows what God will bring us in the future?

2 Comments:

At 3:22 pm, Blogger Miss Tsang said...

You are so beautiful Rie :)

 
At 10:31 pm, Blogger Rie said...

Thank you! You are too! and I'm not just saying it cos u said it to me, I'm saying it cos I do believe you are a beautiful person inside and it shines on the outside

 

Post a Comment

<< Home