Li Li

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Oh where oh where did my contact lens go? Oh where oh where can it be?

I’m typing these posts on my mum’s laptop in my lil Bentley unit and will post them online the next day at uni. I was just about to go to sleep, I had turned off the laptop and everything but I had to come back on to type up this post. I have these contact lenses that I wear at night when I sleep. Each night before bed I put them on and while I’m sleeping they do something to my eyes so when I wake up and take them off the next day I can see clearly. Tonight the cap on one of the lenses was so tight when I tried to take it off I ended up flipping its contents on the other side of the bathroom and dropping the rest of the case in the sink. Admin the contents were some liquid and my right contact lens. I couldn’t find the lens in the sink, or anywhere near where the liquid was spilt. Also, it wasn’t helpful that our bathroom mats are purple and my lens is purple too. Throughout the whole time I was searching something kept telling me “stop searching, pray, and ask God where it is.” And I kept thinking “no its ok I’ll find it,” which I did not. Finally after a minute or two I got on my knees on a bathroom mat on the opposite side of the room where the liquid was split, (which was where I expected it to be found), and I prayed. I told God I was going to have faith in him and asked him to show me where my lens was (a replacement lens costs nearly $400 so I was pretty desperate). I then thanked him in advance for helping me find my lens. As soon as I said amen and opened my eyes I looked at the mat I was kneeling on. It was very unlikely that the lens would be on it. But I looked to my right and sure enough it was right next to me. It stood out and was made very clear. I then prayed again thanking God for showing me I can trust in him and have faith in him, even in the little things. Thanking him for being with me. He really is amazing.

1 Comments:

At 1:04 pm, Blogger ruthjanine said...

yeah God is so great like that hey! He cares about the little things as much as the big things, we just have to ask :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home